Share
Home » Visiting the Park » Municipalities in the Park

Premosello Chiovenda

From the lower Ossola to the wild Val Grande

Province: Verbano-Cusio-Ossola Region: Piedmont | View on map
Official Website www.comune.premosello.vb.it

The Municipality now includes, in addition to the capital, the villages of Colloro, Capraga and Cuzzago. By presidential decree dated 10/12/1959, the Municipality of Premosello assumed the new name of Premosello-Chiovenda to commemorate the jurist Giuseppe Chiovenda (1872-1937), considered to be the founder of modern Italian civil procedure science, native of the place. The parish church of Premosello, as it appears, dates back to the end of the XVI century or to the first decades of the following century. Inside, it preserves fine wooden furnishings in the Baroque style. In the parish church of Cuzzago, there are statues by Giovanni Angelo Del Maino. Originally, they were in rooms annexed to the church of the Madonna dello Scopello, in the mountains above Cuzzago.

S. Bernardo di Capraga
S. Bernardo di Capraga
(photo by: Fabio Copiatti)
 
Colloro
Colloro
(photo by: Fabio Copiatti)
 
Rural architecture in Colloro
Rural architecture in Colloro
(photo by: Archivio Parco Nazionale Val Grande)
 
Rio del Ponte
Rio del Ponte
(photo by: Tullio Bagnati)
 
© 2019 - Ente Parco Nazionale Val Grande
Villa Biraghi, Piazza Pretorio, 6 - 28805 Vogogna (VB)
Tel. 0324/87540 - Fax 0324/878573
E-mail: info@parcovalgrande.it - Posta certificata: parcovalgrande@legalmail.it
P.Iva 01683850034
Ministero dell'Ambiente e della Tutela del Territorio e del MareFederparchi