In the shadow of spruces
The conifer woodland
- Departure: Cappella Porta
- Arrival: Pian Cavallone (Caprezzo)
- Duration: 1h and 30' without stops for the outward walk and 1h for the return walk
- Difficulty Level: The route is easy, always visible and without dangers.
- Difference in height: 590m
- Recommended Period: from April to November
- Involved Municipalities: Caprezzo
The Nature Trail leaves near Cappella Porta and ends at Pian Cavallone Mountain Hut, along a route allowing visitors to discover and appreciate the nature of this place - which was inhabited for centuries - and the changes it has undergone.
From the Mountain Hut, and even more from the overlooking saddle, the panorama is amazing. In the south, you will see the Po Valley and the lakes (Lago Maggiore and others near Varese), in the east the Grigne and Mt. Generoso, and in the west Val Grande and Corni di Nibbio, with the imposing eastern face of Mt. Rosa in the distance. When the sky is particularly clear, it is also possible to see Mt. Cervino, Mt. Monviso, and the Apennines in the distance.
Along the route, eight panels describe some of the features of this territory through images and short texts.
Il Piancavallone with the chapel