Living in the slope
The Rural Civilization
- Departure: Premosello Chiovenda (Premosello Chiovenda)
- Arrival: Colloro (Premosello Chiovenda) (Premosello Chiovenda)
- Duration: 50' without stops for the outward walk and 30' for the return walk
- Difficulty Level: Easy route along well-signposted mule tracks or trails (pay attention to the road crossing)
- Difference in height: 295m
- Recommended Period: from January to December
This Nature Trail unwinds in the territory of the Municipality of Premosello Chiovenda, you can also reach by train from Milan and Novara.
Leaving from the Park Visitor Center in Villa Fontana Rossi, the itinerary crosses the town of Premosello and continues uphill to Colloro, in Val Grande National Park, along an old mule track.
Along the route, 12 explanatory boards describe with images and short texts some moments in the life of a mountain community; a "journey through time" which tells stories of hard lives and struggles for survival in a hostile environment. In Colloro there are two "ethnographic museums": Ca' Vegia, which houses a collection of objects belonging to the traditional material culture, and the old Wine press. For any information about visits to these structures, please contact the Municipality of Premosello Chiovenda. The return walk to Premosello can follow an alternative trail – with trail markers - that allows participants to complete a ring route.
Equipment: comfortable trekking shoes and sportswear.
Facilities in the Park: Circolo operaio, Colloro Tel. +39 0324 88194.
(photo by: Archivio Parco Nazionale Val Grande)
(photo by: Fabio Copiatti)