From the top of the "small valley"
Intragna, a small town of ancient houses and stone streets, lies on the mountainside. A balcony, kissed by the morning sun, overlooks the Intrasca Valley and the S. Giovanni stream that flows impetuously towards Lake Maggiore.
The Intragna name appears for the first time in a parchment dated 1124 and preserved in the capitular archive of Intra.
(photo by: Claudio Venturini Delsolaro)
Intragna in 1917
(photo by: Archivio Parco Nazionale Val Grande)
St James Church in Intragna
(photo by: Carlo Pessina)
Maggiore Lake from Pizzo Marona
(photo by: Giancarlo Martini)