( Vogogna, 19 September 2022 )
The MuLM, the world's longest museum, of which the Park is a part with the emerging Pink Marble and Granite Museum in Mergozzo, is offering an extraordinary experience, completely free of charge, in the middle of Candoglia and Ornavasso marble quarries on Thursday 6 October.
The event will be included in Planet Earth Week.
The appointment is set for 10 a.m. in front of the workshops of the Veneranda Fabbrica del Duomo di Milano in Candoglia di Mergozzo. After a brief introduction to the day, the participants will be divided into two groups accompanied by a guide to visit the Cava Madre, workshop and sawmill separately, moving by shuttle bus.
At 12 noon, the shuttle will transfer participants to Ornavasso where, after a lunch break, the day will continue with one of the most evocative experiences on the programme: the visit inside the Ornavasso quarry.
At the end of the tour we will move to Mergozzo at the headquarters of the Ecomuseum of Granite in the Antica Latteria Sociale where the day will end with the presentation of the MuMAG project, the emerging Museum of Pink Marble and Granite, and the new visit structure of the Ornavasso Quarry, cells of the World's Longest Museum, which is being created between Italy and Switzerland and will be dedicated to slow tourism.
An aperitif with typical products will follow.
- 10.00 a.m. meeting at Candoglia di Mergozzo in Via Cominazzini 38, next to the pink marble monument (car park across the road). Followed by a visit in groups to the workshop, sawmill and entrance to the Cava Madre. Transfer by shuttle bus.
- 12.00 noon departure for Ornavasso, again by shuttle bus.
- 12.30 p.m. - 2.00 p.m. lunch with catering in the square in front of the entrance to the "Cava Grande".
- 2.00 p.m. internal visit to the "Cava Grande" and the adjoining "Antica Cava".
- 4.30 p.m. transfer by shuttle bus to Candoglia car park and transfer by own car to Mergozzo, at the headquarters of the Granite Ecomuseum in the Antica Latteria Sociale.
- 5.00 p.m. presentation of MuMAG and Cava Ornavasso project. An aperitif with typical products will follow.
Clothing and equipment:
hiking shoes and clothing
rucksack and waterproof jacket (inside the Ornavasso Quarry the temperature ranges between 8° and 12°C)
hat and sunglasses
Participation is free of charge. To take part in the visits to Candoglia and Ornavasso it is compulsory to book, at least 4 days in adavance, only from this page and fill in the appropriate form by clicking "register".
Participation in the final conference is free (maximum room capacity, 50 people).
Children under 15 are not admitted
Maximum number of participants: 40