Following Animal Traces
- Departure: Trontano (Trontano)
- Arrival: Faievo (Trontano) (Trontano)
- Duration: 2h and 15' without considering stops
- Difficulty Level: T/E easy itinerary, well-visible and not dangerous
- Difference in height: 370m
- Recommended Period: from April to November
- Involved Municipalities: Trontano
This Nature Trail develops in the territory of the Municipality of Trontano, which can also be reached by train via the charming Val Vigezzo railway line.
The route leaves from the parking area in Cocco, a small village above the town center.
In its first stretch, it goes through a chestnut wood where you will see traces of past growings, then it continues through a beech and larch wood up to Alpe Faievo.
Hikers can then choose whether continuing to Alpe Gambatorta (alternative route marked on the map) or along the ring-route of the Nature Trail back to the departure point. Along the route, 12 informative panels present the animals living in the Park's woods through images and short texts.
Equipment: comfortable trekking shoes and sportswear.
The itinerary can continue up to Alpe Gamba torta (1,030m) and you can go back to Faievo through a ring-route (40 minutes).
Walking time for the whole ring-route: 3 hours without considering stops
Difference in height along the whole ring-route: 480m
Bell tower of Trontano
(photo by: Manuel Piana)